David Klein, ASC, Steven Poster, ASC, Philip Bloom and Eve Cohen are just a few of the filmmakers and industry veterans to headline Adorama LIVE from NAB
New York, NY – April 5, 2018 – Adorama, one of the world’s largest photography, video, audio, imaging and electronics retailers, today announced its lineup of industry heavyweights to headline Adorama LIVE from NAB. Produced in partnership with Framework Productions, the live show will take place at Adorama’s booth in Central Hall (C4345) and will explore some of the industry’s hot-button topics. Shows are free to all NAB attendees and will be livestreamed on Adorama’s Facebook page.
The “Adorama LIVE from NAB” Program Schedule
Adorama LIVE shows will take place Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of the NAB Show and will feature comedic talent who will play host to some of the industry’s most talented creatives who are pioneering new trends in filmmaking, visual effects, and more. Stop by the Adorama booth in Central Hall to see and hear from the following:
Monday, April 9th
- 11AM: Documentary, Late Night TV, Reality, and Other Non-Scripted with Claudia Raschke (“Good is the Bigger Elvis,” “The Freedom to Marry”); Claudia will discuss the use of Canon cameras and lenses as the workhorse of non-scripted video content and the differences and similarities of shooting non-scripted content, from documentaries to reality TV.
- 1PM: VFX with Milton Ladd of Saturday Night Live Visual Effects Department; Milton Ladd will discuss the craziest schedules in television VFX and live demo compositing a shot.
- 4PM: Funding & Distribution with Eve Cohen of Seed & Spark (“Foxy Trot,” “Power of 9,” “Mrs. Drake”); Funding a film can be a complicated and stressful process. After the money is raised and the piece is finished, what do you do? Co-founder and Director of Photography, Eve Cohen joins Adorama Live to help with these common problems.
Tuesday, April 10th
- 11AM: RED + Lens Choices with Phil Holland (“Life of Pi,” “Moneyball,” “Fast & Furious”); It’s about more than just focal length – lenses can tell a story in many ways. Director of Photography Phil Holland will take the audience through the different emotions and characteristics of spherical, anamorphic, and prime lenses of different makes and models.
- 1PM: What is HDR and how do I use it? With Jeromy Young, CEO of Atomos; HDR seems to be a new imaging craze, but not many people understand what it is or how they can integrate it into their work. Jeromy Young joins us to demystify HDR and look at ways to put it into your workflow.
- 4PM: Cinema Lenses with Fujifilm and Philip Bloom (“The Wonder List with Bill Weir,” “How to Start a Revolution”); Philip Bloom comes to Adorama Live to discuss the optical and mechanical differences between cinema and photo lenses.
Wednesday, April 11th
- 11AM: True North – Shooting on the North Pole with Igor Kropotov (“True North: The Sean Swarner Story”); Director of Photography Igor Kropotov will discuss shooting his film, “True North” in one of the most hostile environments in the world, the North Pole.
- 1PM: Plotting and Shooting Action Sequences with David Klein, ASC (“Homeland,” “True Blood”); Join DP David Klein, ASC to examine how he plots and executes camera coverage to create some of his amazing action sequences.
- 4PM: Framing the Industry with Steven Poster, ASC & President, I.C.G. (“Donnie Darko,” “Amityville: The Awakening”); Steven will talk combining old techniques with new technology and the future of filmmaking.
Adorama LIVE from NAB will be a multi-cam talk show set-up shot entirely on Canon Cinema EOS cameras and lenses. At-home viewers can catch select shows being livestreamed right from the show floor, and all shows will be published on AdoramaTV.
Stand on “Top of the World with Adorama” at NAB 2018 and Win
At this year’s NAB Show, attendees can interact with Adorama’s 3D art installation just outside Central Hall of the LVCC. Attendees can post photos on their Instagram story using the hashtag #AdoramaOnTop and tag @adorama and @canonusa to be automatically entered to win a $100 Adorama gift card. Adorama will choose one winner every hour during conference and show hours, Sunday through Thursday. Winners will receive a direct message via Instagram at the end of each day to claim their prize.
Adorama's NAB Great Giveaway Sweepstakes Are Back for 2018
An NAB tradition, Adorama will once again be hosting its annual Great Giveaway Sweepstakes each night of the show through Wednesday. All those who stop by the booth and have their badges scanned will receive a raffle ticket to be automatically entered to win* one of the following prizes:
Canon XF-405 4K UHD High Definition Professional Camcorder (a $3,499.00 value)
Fujifilm X-H1 Mirrorless Body with Power Booster Grip Kit and 16-55mm F2.8 R Lens (a $3,248.00 value)
DJI Mavic Pro Platinum (a $1,099 value)
*Must be present to win
Experience High-End Broadcast Equipment with Adorama in Central Hall
At NAB 2018, Adorama (booth C4345) will have a wide range of broadcast and production equipment on display for visitors to test drive, including a shooting bay with today's most in-demand cameras capturing the action and antics of the Adorama LIVE at NAB production. Attendees can stop by to see the following gear from top manufacturers including:
- Cameras from Blackmagic Design, Canon, Panasonic, Red and Sony
- Lenses from Canon, Fujinon, Schneider, Sigma and Zeiss
- Video accessories such as tripods from Cartoni, Sachtler and Vinten
- Drones from DJI and Powervision
- Lighting from Aladdin, Arri, Cineo, Dedo, F&V, Filex, Hive, Ikan, Kinoflo and Softpanels
Production experts from the Adorama Rental Company will also be onsite, providing attendees with information on the latest acquisition technology and accessories available from Rentals and through the Rent-to-Buy Program, while Adorama Trade reps will be available for those looking to trade in equipment for cash or new gear.
Watch All the NAB Action on AdoramaTV
Once again, the AdoramaTV editorial team will be on the ground at NAB 2018 capturing all of the headline-breaking news announcements. To stay in the know, be sure to follow AdoramaTV on YouTube.
Book a Private Meeting at NAB 2018
To schedule an appointment with a representative from the Adorama Business Solutions Technical Services team, please contact email@example.com.
Book a Private Press Briefing with an Adorama Representative
Members of the media are invited to schedule a private press briefing with an Adorama representative to learn more about Adorama products, solutions and services. To schedule a briefing, please contact Megan Linebarger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADORAMA: More Than a Camera Store
Adorama is more than a camera store – it’s one of the world’s largest photography, video, audio and computer retailers. Serving customers for more than 40 years, Adorama has grown from its flagship NYC store to include the leading online destination for imaging and consumer electronics. Adorama’s vast product offerings encompass home entertainment, mobile computing, and professional video and audio, while its services include an in-house photo lab, AdoramaPix; resources and gear for photographers, filmmakers, production studios, broadcasting and post houses, and recording artists through Adorama Business Solutions; pro equipment rental at Adorama Rental Company; and the award-winning Adorama Learning Center, which offers free creative education in online channels such as the popular Adorama TV.
Adorama is listed as one of the top five electronics retailers by Consumer Reports, “Best of the Web” by Forbes.com, Internet Retailers Top 100, and is the official Electronics Retailer of the NY Giants. Visit ADORAMA at http://www.adorama.com.